CHATS-AS 2021 will be the 14th in a series of international workshops that have
followed the advancements in the state-of-the-art of modeling of superconducting systems, from cables to magnets and other devices used for power generation and transmission, fusion, high-energy physics as well as other applications. CHATS-AS is focused on novel principles and tools in engineering design and analysis of superconducting systems.
The workshop also aims at building bridges between modeling and experiments, in order to validate the sophisticated analysis tools available with proper data sets. The CHATS-AS 2021 welcomes contributions fitting this scope, with a particular interest in the following topics:
- Tools to support commissioning and operation phases of superconducting magnet systems;
- Quench simulation and analysis for all classes of LTS and HTS magnets (e.g. accelerator, fusion,MRI/NMR, and other applications) and devices (e.g. power cables): detection and protection novel concepts, models and experiments;
- Electromagnetics modeling of LTS and HTS magnets;
- Mechanical modeling of LTS and HTS magnets;
- Multi-scale and multi physics design methods: simulation and optimization of large-scale superconducting and cryogenic systems, covering the combination of thermo-hydraulics, AC loss,bcurrent distribution, field quality, and operating margin calculations.