8th-10th September 2021 / ITER Organization, Route de Vinon-sur-Verdon – CS 90 046 – 13067 St Paul Lez Durance Cedex – France
The CHATS on Applied Superconductivity (CHATS-AS) is a dedicated workshop to discuss and present the advancements in the state-of-the-art of modeling of superconducting systems, from cables to magnets, power generation and transmission devices, fusion, high-energy physics, and other applications.
The focus in CHATS-AS is on novel principles and tools in engineering design and analysis of superconducting systems. The workshop also rely on a strong link between analysis and experiments, in order to validate the detailed and sophisticated analysis tools available with their proper data sets.
This 14th edition will be held in ITER Headquarters (Route de Vinon-sur-Verdon – CS 90 046 – 13067 St Paul Lez Durance Cedex – FRANCE). It will give highlights in the following area of interest:
- Tools to support commissioning and operation phases of superconducting magnet systems;
- Quench simulation and analysis for all classes of LTS and HTS magnets (e.g. accelerator, fusion, MRI/NMR, and other applications) and devices (e.g. power cables): detection and protection novel concepts, models and experiments;
- Electromagnetics modelling of LTS and HTS magnets;
- Mechanical modelling of LTS and HTS magnets;
- Multiscale and multi physics design methods: simulation and optimization of large-scale superconducting and cryogenic systems, covering the combination of thermo-hydraulics, AC loss, current distribution, field quality, and operating margin calculations.